We have two orders of business today. First up, the “Summer Sipper” of the week based on a refreshing Disneyland treat. Second, our very first giveaway. If you want to know more about it, you are either going to have to read my rambling or just scroll down to the giveaway part.
Last fall, our family took a trip with some friends to Disneyland. We have found that our 4.5 yr old is really hard to feed on vacation. He eats a limited menu and is about the pickiest child you have ever met. However, he loooooooooves apple juice. He’d drink the stuff by the gallon. So imagine my excitement when near the backdoor that leads (Sam Earl, you know the one.) from Fantasyland to Adventureland we found a stand that sells “100% Frozen Apple” Juice. I thought that I had just scored mommy gold and my little guy was going to be THRILLED by this amazing treat I found him. I proudly purchased one and marched up to my son just waiting to be the most beloved mother in Disneyland, if not the world.
Yeah, he wouldn’t drink it.
So what does a mother do who just spent $4.19 (I looked up the price) on a beverage that her child doesn’t want? Why, she drinks it herself. And loves every sip of it. And attempts to recreate it at home.
At least that’s what this mom does.
Frozen Apple Juice
Here’s what you are going to need.
- An ice cream maker. The type with the frozen bowl/canister/thingy. Mine is a Cuisinart and one of the best wedding gifts Ben and I received.
- A can of frozen apple juice concentrate.
- A bottle of club soda. A bottle of lemon lime soda will also work. As will water. I just like the little kick carbonation adds.
Are you ready for this? It’s super hard. And by hard, I mean ridiculously easy. My 4.5 yr old could make this drink. Not that he would drink it . . .
- Freeze your ice cream canister according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Mine needs at least 24 hours. Otherwise you are just going to get apple juice.
- Pour one can of concentrate into the bowl. My juice called for 3 cans of liquid so that is what I added. In the form of club soda. Stir is up a little.
- Turn on you machine and let it go until you achieve the desired slushiness. This will depend on your personal taste and how cold your canister is. Mine takes about 25 minutes. Just watch it.
- Oh, and add a splash of Torani Vanilla. You thought I forgot didn’t you.
Now onto the part you’ve all been waiting for . . .
We are just so excited for this, you guys! An epic moment in blogging history for Our Unqualified Opinion. Our very first giveaway. Theme: Summer Sippers. How appropriate, right? We think so! This giveaway will help you kickstart any summer gathering you may be having. Or, if you’re not having a gathering, just enjoy all the wonderfully cute, summery items yourself! No one’s going to blame you or call you selfish… we think.
Should you win this giveaway, you will receive two tiki tumblers (alliteration was on purpose) in which to put your summer sipper beverage—because just look at them! You will also receive an ice tray which will produce star-shaped ice to keep your summer sipper cool. Finish off your summer sipper with one of three flavors of Torani syrup (with or without sugar), because, well, why not? Sip your beverage through an adorable straw with attached umbrella. Yeah, you read that right. Just, yes. And as a bonus, enjoy some popcorn in the super bright, super cute popcorn containers. And finally, totally adorable napkins to clean it all up.Unfortunately, the basket from the picture is not included.
To enter the giveaway, you just need to be following our blog via email or bloglovin’. Our bloglovin’ button is in the contact info to the right, as is the place to input your email address. To verify you’ve done that, you will need to enter your email address or bloglovin’ name into Rafflecopter below. Once you do that step, you will have the opportunity to receive 7 more entries, for a total of 10 entries. The giveaway will run for one week. We will announce the winner next Wednesday, July 3. Thanks for participating, and good luck!