We like to talk about cleaning and organizing a lot around these parts. That’s because Erika is fantastic at it and I, well, I need a lot of help. Luckily for me, my sister-in-law/blogeague has shared a bunch of tips that have made it a lot easier for me to stay on top of cleaning. More on that next week. Today, we are talking about one of my favorite cleaning devices: my favorite vacuum.
Yes, I have a favorite vacuum.
Right before we moved our old vacuum died a slow and painful death. I knew that my mother-in-law was coming and therefore I needed to take care of the pre-clean on our “Cleaning Advisory Scale” which meant a new vacuum. Lucky for me, I have a hubby that is really good at research and he found this little treasure for me. The Hoover Air Steerable Vacuum.
The Five Reasons This is My Favorite Vacuum
1. The suction is INSANE. I vacuum every other day and the amount of stuff that it pulls up never ceases to amaze me. At some point I am bound to run out of dust in my house. The dust bunnies cannot possibly keep up with this vacuum. My only compliant it that sometimes the suction is too strong and it tries to eat my throw rugs. But honestly, is that really something to complain about?
2. It works on carpet AND my wood floors. I use this thing everywhere in my home. To clean my wood floors, I simply turn off the brush and suck up all of the random fruit loops that seem to magically appear on my floor. Lemme tell ya, it sure beats sweeping every day.
3. Super light and maneuverable. Weighing in at about 18.5 lbs, I can carry it up and down the stairs with less effort than it takes to carry my toddler. This makes vacuuming the stairs a cinch. It is super easy to steer and it is small enough that I can get into some spaces that a normal vacuum usually wont fit. Plus, my five year old can totally use it.
4. Handy hose attachment. The hose is fairly compact and easy to use. The hard plastic part slides into the body of the vacuum. The upper handle is actually a part of the hose attachment. This make using the hose even more convenient. Again, my 5 year old can easily use it to suck up all of the Pirate Booty that manages to make its way beneath my couch cushions.
5. Easy to empty. The waste canister clicks into the front of the vacuum. With the push of a button it can easily be removed and then with another button, the trap door on the bottom of the canister flips open to dump the waste into the garbage can. Easy peasy.
So there you have it, if you are looking for a new vacuum and brands like Dyson and Oreck are out of your price range, I totally recommend checking out my favorite vacuum the Hoover Air Steerable. If you are like me, you might even start to enjoy vacuuming.
Disclosure: This post is simply my opinion. Hoover did not ask me to say nice things about them or their AMAZING vacuum. We just thought you might be interested.